Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Kula Pumpkin Patch

One of my favorite things about the holidays is that it's a time full of traditions. Our newest tradition is this pumpkin patch. We attempted it last year, but were a little too late. The popular spot was empty by the time we got there. So this year, we got there early... and apparently, everyone else had the same idea.
Nevertheless, it was still great and we even remembered the camera to capture the moments.


Family photo time (whether they liked it or not).



Teija is such a ham that I chose this picture of her many silly-girl shots.


The cousins showed up at one point so we got a group shot of whoever was handy before heading into the patch.


Kayla & Lyti FAKING the struggle to pick up this not-that-heavy pumpkin


Kailea taking a break from the kula dirt (more like powder).


Soana attempting to pick up this pumpkin. I wonder who's heavier?


There were literally pumpkins (and people) EVERYWHERE!!! I don't know that the pumpkins were all that fascinating to Myla... she preferred the Kula dirt.


The Tuitele family final choice...


Myla picked a few little ones to take home and decorate... One for her & one for Kailea (who gave up on the Kula dirt & preferred watching others carve their pumpkins).


"Okay Mom! Let's go!!!"

6 comments:

Cam and Lohi said...

Yay!..a new post. I'm so happy that you made it to the pumpkin patch this year. Looks like it was dirty but I bet the one we went to here in Kapolei was worse. And it must have been WAY cooler there in Kula. Plus the view is beautiful! So, what are you guys going to carve out of your pumpkin?

Clarke & Lia said...

We carved it last week. FYI, Mr. Jack O Lantern is on the verge of death thats why I didn't post pictures of the final product:) He looks rather sickly. The experience wasn't the greatest either. For our FHE activity Dad helped the kids choose what type of eyes and nose to make. Yes, that's it. They never made it to the mouth. Too much arguing and drama. Everyone got sent to bed and Mom carved it the next day while the arguers with an opinion were at school.
So no Jack O Lantern to show off. Lets just say the pumpkin patch picking experience was the best part:)

Chris and Channy said...

Ok, the whole Jack-o-lantern drama had me cracking up. Too funny! I had to do a double take when I saw you put up a new post. It's been so long. But I should talk... Anyway, looks like you all had lots of fun picking your pumpkin. Yay for new family traditions! BTW, I facebooked Clarke a while back but he's fired and never replied--are you guys coming to O'ahu for Christmas or will you and I be plus one more kid by the time we see each other again? We hope you come over for the holidays!

Mike and Jamie's Ohana said...

Unbelievable...a new post!

Just kidding.

I think the pumpkin patch is a great Halloween tradition. My boys weren't that interested and they only ended up taking home pumpkins that were 2/$1. I guess it's good I got cheap boys. But good thing Mike went on a field trip with a class to the pumpkin patch and he got a free big one.

And can I say, "Whoa" to Myla's and Wana's hair and "poor poor Kailea".

The girls are getting so big, we're sad we can't visit for Christmas.

And I like your carving story!

Cherisse said...

The Chinese don't celebrate Halloween, so I really missed doing fun things like this! We really miss Kula and the nice beautiful view.

Aho, Gabs, Waiola, and Kupa'a said...

The girls are SO cute! Those shots of them are just priceless. Glad the patch experience was good, even if the carving wasn't. =) Maybe one day we'll make it to a pumpkin patch.