Friday, December 5, 2008

DC TUITELES VISIT

Thanksgiving Weekend was extra special this year since we had some "visitors." The DC Tuiteles joined us for a fun-filled weekend @ the Wailea Marriott (thanks Monica), the Maui Ocean Center, the beach, and much more... It was great to see the cousins having a good time together while the parents caught up on what's been happening in DC vs. Maui. Here's a few pictures of our adventures together...The obvious photographers are the two mommies not in any of the photos :)

HOTEL PICTURES...

Tuitele girls sure know how to strike a pose!


Miss Mylas idea of fun

border="0" alt=""id="BLOGGER_PHOTO_ID_5276429629833699874" />
Kaehu showing Uncle Clarke his skillz


Hmmm.... an unusually striking resemblance


"All in the Ohana"... I guess "posing" runs in the family :)


The "Twins"... Daddy-look-alikes


Saying goodbye to the hotel fishpond

VISITING THE OCEAN CENTER...

The only three willing to pose with the dolphins


Myla checking out the jellyfish... (Great pic Aunty Channy!)


Fish & Kids everywhere!!! Too bad only ONE species keeps quiet :)

As you can see, we surrounded ourselves with good company, great fun, and LOTS of noise! Thank you DC Tuiteles for coming to visit... We miss you already. Please come again!!! Anyone else? You're invited too!

In case you were wondering, Sinalei was in fact with us though she isn't in any photos. The truth is... Unfortunately, GOOD children tend to go unnoticed... spending most of the time cruising in a stroller just outside the photo frame. Oops!

9 comments:

Brooke said...

Looks like fun. I love it when cousins get together!

Chris and Channy said...

Awww...looking at this post makes me want to come back. We had such a great time with you all. It was a trip we won't soon forget. Thank you for showing us such an awesome time. Maui is a beautiful place. I'm just so glad we get to see you all again later on this month. Too bad Chris won't be here. I'm sad already...his stay was too short and it flew by way too fast.

Well, we'll see you all soon! Love you guys...

P.S. Don't forget to send us some pics...we'll do the same! :)

Malia said...

I really enjoyed this post a I got a good feel for the good times you all had. Great shots showing lots of cousin fun! It was nice to get to know the DC ohana a little bit on Sunday. What a sweet family. And what a blessing to share such a fun weekend with them during this holiday.

Aho, Gabs, Waiola, and Kupa'a said...

Love it, love it, love it! But I think the funniest isn't the kids, I think it's clarke's posing. Yeah...definately runs in that family. =)

Megan Akinaka said...

2 things i can't help but mention:
1. such beautiful keiki! and 2. myla's hair is so blonde (i'm referring to the pic where kayla is holding her and you cannot see her face, just the top of her head). it was a little surprising i have to admit =)
well... i'm glad you guys had a great time and of course i'm jealous... but what else is new?!
love, meg

Mike and Jamie's Ohana said...

i know this is semi-late reactions but i haven't been able to post a lot of comments lately. i did however just recently get a look at your blog and have to say it makes me wish i could travel back in time and be there with you all. the pics are awesome and the captions are right on. i love the last photo. it makes you wonder what goes through the animals minds when there at the viewing window looking back at all the people. i'm sure they would only have good things to say about your group.

mommying said...

Love all the pictures. It makes me wish life was a permanent vacation. Love you guys and hey, thanks for the fun blackout. Cherished memories.

momwouldgo said...

The picture of Myla looking into the tank is awesome! Glad you were out having fun!

Akinaka Clan said...

Cute girls I must say....What a bunch of characters. Believe me they are all full of life and fine tuned for sure. Lots of talent and beauty. I know I'm prejudiced but that's OK, I'm the grandpa. Aloha POPS