I know. I know... It has been a while since we've blogged. Thank you for your patience everyone. Let's just say we've been busy, VERY busy. But to sum it all up... the highlight of it all is that our oldest, Kayla, turned EIGHT on October 30th. So this blogpost is in honor of her special day. My how time flies.
Quick story: I'll never forget watching movies with my mom as a kid/teenager and laughing at my mom who was crying her eyes out. She'd always warn me that my time would come & that when I had children, I'd turn into a "sapster" too. Well, she was right. Watching Kayla at her baptism brought tears to my eyes.
Wish you were all there to join us. Thank you Grandma Sandi, Aunty Lohi & Na'ulei for coming from Oahu. Thank you Maui Ohana for being a part of the program. For those of you that couldn't make it, this song is what she sang @ her baptism. It's called "The Things Jesus Asks of Me."
Wednesday, November 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
That was so sweet. Great singing Kayla! Congratulations on your baptism, that was a great choice :)
Kayla is such a beautiful singer. I can't believe she is already old enough to be baptized. You two have done such a great job with your children. And Lia, I know what you mean. I always used to laugh at my teary eyed mom. I never thought I could be so emotional until this little one came along. Oh the joys of motherhood.
Hey, we're planning to come to Maui in two weeks. Any suggestions as to what we should do while we're there???
Kayla, that was awesome! i wish we could've been there. i hope you realize that you are being a great example to your family and friends. you always have been a great little girl and are growing into an awesome young woman. even ammon was really excited to sit on aunty's lap when she played the song and video for the first time. we all love you and congratulate you on your baptism. love, aunty jamie, uncle mike, chaz and ammon
Lia, you are too funny. No, we're not forced to follow, but we love knowing whats going on with everyone. We were all at lunch today and Cam told Lohi that you posted the new blog. She was so excited. I believe the exact word was..."finally!" Anyway, it'll just be me, aho, and ola. We're coming in on Sunday nov. 22nd and leaving wednesday the 25th. Just for a little change of scenery since November is Aho's vacation month. And thank you for the offer Clarke, but we wouldn't impose. Besides, we want to play tourist to the max. So anything you guys could suggest would be great. Aho says all he wants to do is eat at good places that we don't have on Oahu. So i guess any good places to eat. =) Thanks again!
yay!...so excited to read a new post! we were so happy to spend time with you guys. glad we were apart of kayla's special day. can't believe how grown up she is. the song she sings and the way she sings is so pretty. sitting in the chapel listening to her made my eyes water up :).
Yeah so, same thing with me and my mom. she use to cry from just watching talk shows and it made me crack up. now i cry for everything and cameron cracks up at me.
i know, i know. we are totally slacking on the posts. we've been home for almost a week and haven't found the time to post one. Me and Kaena have been waking up early to go and clean theater seats (so much fun :( ). then we'd come home and work on na'u's party stuff. stay posted though. it is coming...soon....hopefully.
we love your song kayla. great job! it was fun to watch the video and see how much kayla has grown. "my how time flies" is RIGHT. wish we could've been there!
We still remember baby Kayla at our wedding, oh my, how she's grown. We wish we could've been there for your baptism, we do send our constant thoughts and prayers all the way from New England. ;)
Wow, that is a touching slideshow. Kayla, your song is so pretty and precious. I am so grateful to have heard it in person on your baptism day! But, it is also so special to hear it captured with this slideshow to treasure always. I can't believe how fast you have grown! I can't wait to show the kids this post....
congrats kayla! wish i could've been there to join in on the tears of happiness...
very cute video lia and good singing kayla as always!
okay, okay... now what i really wanted to start off with: i almost cried (in sadness) at the lack of pics i'm in in the video. to be exact.... zero. (tear, tear)
BUT, i still love you guys, enjoyed the post, and am so happy for kayla's decision to be baptized!!
Kayla not only are you beautiful you are blessed with many talents. Your greatest blessing that will never be taken away is your family. Precious memories of the past and more to come in the future. We all look forward to sharing them with you. Aloha Grand Pops
Post a Comment