This is typical Kailea… Short Story: I was busy housecleaning one morning while she enjoyed her cup of cocoa. When I’m working, time flies and about 1 hour? later, I realized she was quiet so I asked her what she was doing and her response was, “drinking cocoa.” Hmm… Normally, she can tank a cup in record time, much faster than her older sisters so my skepticism led me to kitchen where I found this…
Apparently, she helped herself to the pantry and found the cocoa packets, threw a couple in her EMPTY mug, and “went to town.” TYPICAL KAILEA.
UNFORTUNATELY, I think she gets scoldings a bit more than your average 2 year old so these are a few of her common phrases… “I not yo’ boss” meaning… you can’t tell me what to do because you’re not the boss of me, “Whatever major loser”… taken from her 3 yr. old cousin Soana who got it from Disney’s “Camp Rock”, “Umm… no tanks”… when asked to do something and feeling like she’s above it, and “I yo’ bes fen”… when she desperately wants something that you have.
Her #1 phrase? “I not naughty, I CUTE” which she says ALLLLL THE TIME. No matter what she does, when scolded, she claims, “I not naughty, I cute!” Then one day, after a few hours of her usual phrase, I saw her come out of the pantry with her hands behind her back and the ever so guilty-looking smirk on her face. When I asked, “Kailea, are you being naughty?” She answered, “Yup. I naughty,” showed me her handful of treats and walked away. Like I’ve said before and I’ll say it again… TYPICAL KAILEA.
And then, at the close of the day, when I feel like I’ve had enough, my Kailea snuggles up to me full of hugs and kisses and uses the last of her common phrases… “Mommy, I love you SOOO much!” And just like that, I’m ready for day 2.
11 comments:
LOVE this post Lia. I have to say that I am very happy you have finally decided to do some blogging yourself. :) So Kailea and Kaehu sound like mirror images of each other. Maybe it's a "June 2006" thing. I can just see them wreaking havoc together in December. LOL. I'll definitely have to have my video camera ready to capture some of those moments...can't wait!
Ok, hon...just thought I'd leave a comment letting you know how glad I am that you've started to blog in place of me. You're much more eloquent and tend to remember the stories just a tad bit more than I do :)
Oh, and I can totally see how Kailea gets ALL the naughtiness from your side of the family - lol!
And finally, the last picture of Kailea with the hanabata dripping down is classic. "Typical Akinaka....I mean...Kailea" :)
Clarke
Lia, you had me cracking up!! Then I read the last line and there came a tear. Sooooo Kailea. Gotta love her!! (now Kalena keeps asking me the pics of her friend Kailea again. and again. :)
That's our girl.........Pics speaks a thousand words. I will concur she can be naughty.....But impish at the same time. got to love her. Aloha "Gumpa"
well, i thought that it would be a nice gesture but in the end i'm afraid it turned out to be a sort of "naughty Kailea" post. of course i do find it hard to disagree with miss kailea when she says, "i not naughty, i cute." what a cute little girl.
WELCOME LIA...to the blogging world? How many times have you checked your post today, in hopes of a new comment? Don't worry, we all went through it. In fact, I still go through it, waiting for that new comment.
Well, Kailea is a rascal, but a loveable one! Like I said before, I so PROUD that she talked to me when I visited for the day. For real, we are looking forward to your guys' visit.
She may be naughty, but she is just so cute. How can you get mad at that sweet little face Lia, honestly!
Kailea is a little Clarke, isn't she? I love the mother's touch in the latest posts, it adds something extra.
okay, okay... super cute post. not only cause she's just so darn cute, but cause i just see the rascal in the sparkle of her eye in EVERY picture (and then i can laugh cause i'm not there to get frustrated =)!
But... more importantly. i have come to realize a lesson learned: sooner than later, i'm going to have to take dad's advice (trust me, its necessary) and start my own blog. not because i have this fabulous life that needs sharing, but because i need to document truths... because obviously no one else will!
Confession: at the end of this post, i thought, "oh, how precious," AND THEN i remembered my precious moment. remember after kailea's doctor appt. when you were in the car and you told you loved her and then she said, "no. only my aunty megan!"
awww... still gets me every time. what a brat!
anyway, i didn't mean for this to be my life story, but i guess i had a few things to say (plus i haven't had much human interacteraction/conversation these past few days with the hurricane situation and all)... lucky you!
love, meg
ps. i really did like the post and my-missing-them levels are sky rocketing, just so you know
she is so sweet. my doctor told me that the kolohe ones tend to be really intelligent. maybe a little consolation. the girls are all so beautiful!
Wow Kailea looks like a mini version of Sarai in the Last two pictures of Sarai! Too cute Kailea talking like a big girl now!!!
Post a Comment