Friday, May 9, 2008

Flashback Friday - 1986!!!

Today's flashback takes us back 22 years ago to 1986 on the island of Maui. If memory serves me correctly, Grandpa Tony had some sort of family reunion there and so the whole Coyne St. gang went to Maui for the celebration.

We traveled all over the island, from Lahaina to Keanae (that's halfway to Hana), where Grandpa was born. I remember vague details such as staying at the Maui Beach Hotel, renting a Dodge Caravan, and even going to the swap meet in Kahului. The party was by Kahului harbor and I remember seeing plenty of old people, and eating Hawaiian food, LOL!

Enjoy these vintage pictures...



Cameron outside of Grandpa's old elementary school in Keanae.



The 3 brothers with cousins Michael & Anthony playing at Lahaina.



Check out those stylin' clothes!

6 comments:

t and britty said...

rolling on the ground laughing. look at all of you, that is so great. i was like who is that other kid, and then i read, oh it's anthony. priceless pictures. tfs

Chris and Channy said...

I am laughing SO stinkin' hard right now. Partly because you guys look so stylish in your outfits...I mean, I ALWAYS wanted a "Garbage Pail Kids" t-shirt when I was young. LOL. But I'm laughing MAINLY because I know my husband is gonna KILL you for putting these photos up. LOL!!!! Wait 'til I show him this post. He knows about it, but I don't think he knows the gravity of the situation. :)

Lyman ʻOhana said...

LMOO! (Laughing my 'okole off!) Yep...Chan said it right. I LOVE the outfits...and I'm wondering what Chris is thinking right now!!! ??? Funny, how you guys still look the same...

Chris and Channy said...

Chris is thinking..."Just wait Clarke, you're gonna get it." But here's an afterthought; did anyone notice that my hubby's shorts are the shortest in every picture? I pointed that out to him and he was like, "So? What's wrong with that?" He's so in denial that it was NOT cool. Daisy dukes on boys are not cute. Not now...not ever. LOL.

And...Happy Mother's Day Lia! Hope you have a good one with your four beautiful girls.

M & S said...

Eh, I'm glad I made the cut. I remember going, but I have no recollection what we did there.

Malia said...

whoa clarke, you are taking this flashback friday thing seriously! LOVED it =)